Nexus Migration Tool (NXMT) is a web-based tool hosted on cisco.com that allows users to convert IOS commands or configurations from the Catalyst Platform to corresponding NX-OS commands or configurations for the Nexus Platform. NXMT adds QOS support needed on the M1 line card on the Nexus 7000. NXMT is available for all customers and partners with a CCO ID. The tool can be accessed using the URL
The migration of IOS configuration to NX-OS configuration requires indepth knowledge of both Catalyst and Nexus platforms to ensure accurate conversion of commands. NXMT is designed to automate the process required for migrating IOS configuration to NX-OS configuration.
- Simplifies the migration of IOS configurations to NX-OS configurations
- Supports multiple IOS version to NX-OS version combinations as shown below
| Source|| Target |
| Catalyst 6500 -12.2SX|| Nexus 7000 – NX-OS 5.1 |
| Catalyst 6500 - 12.2SX || Nexus 5000 – NX-OS 5.0|
| Catalyst 4500 -12.2 (54)SG|| Nexus 7000 – NX-OS 5.1 |
| Catalyst 4000 -12.2(54)SG|| Nexus 5000 – NX-OS 5.0|
- Benefits the large install base of Catalyst 6K and Catalyst 4K platforms as customers plan to migrate to the Nexus platform
- Intellectual Capital is developed and managed by Cisco Certified Network Engineers
- Multiple options for the configuration migration: Quick converter for one-step conversion, Project based approach for data persistence and reuse
- Detailed exception report to highlight the gaps in the migration process
- Available on cisco.com for free of cost.
Configuration Command Support
User Guide and additional documentation on the scope of the commands covered in the tool can be found here.
Call for Action
Submit feedback to the mailing alias firstname.lastname@example.org