cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

logging connections

srlguy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using syslog from a 3005 and I'd like to add log entries for login success, failure and logout/disconnects. Ideally it

would record account and ip address. Could anyone help me craft the rule for these events (or point me to some helpful exampe).

thanks

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Click the Events to Syslog drop-down menu button and choose the range of event severity levels to send to a syslog server by default. The choices are: None, Severity 1, Severities 1-2, Severities 1-3, Severities 1-4, Severities 1-5 and Use Event List. The default is None. Using the default means that no events are sent to a syslog server. If you choose Use Event List, configure the Event List to specify the event types to send to the syslog server.

For more information refer the url,

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f1f99.html#1000798

Thanks,

I ended up using configuration/system/events/classes and added class names for auth and ike for severity 1-4 to the

syslog server. This is giving me what I needed.

thanks.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: