cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

privileges required for a ftp running-config backup

avtechs19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to use privilege level 2 for backing up the cisco 2960 switch running-configuration using ftp.

I have had some luck while in priv level 15. priv level 2 was set up with a password and priviege exec level 2 copy running-config ftp://username:pass@10.x.x.x .

My backup after using privi level 2 does not copy the configuration file. My question is what additional privileges do I need to add for privi level 2 for this to work properly?

thx jason

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jason

AFAIK most of the show commands will be possible in other privilege levels you set and when it comes to configuring and issuing some level 15 commands i dont think you can do that with other privilege levels except level 15..

you will notice the same kinda behavior with show run command configured under different privilege level other than level 15..

regds

Thx for the reply.

I changed it from running-config to startup-config. This seems to be working from priv level 2.

jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card