Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ext dialing from main greeting

It is my understanding that in order to be able to dial an ext from a Unity opening greeting, there needs to be either a mailbox or call handler built for each extension that you will be routing the call to. I have a huge amount of users that I need to have accessible from the main greeting that I do not want to create mailboxes or call handlers for. Are there any workarounds for this so I can use wildcards instead?

Thanks, Glenn

7 Replies 7

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

glenn-

I believe the Intenet Subscriber will do the trick for you...go to Unity Tools I think somewhere in there you can do a bulk import

from a text file. Internet Subscribers do not use licenses...I can't remember if they show up in the dial-by name directory or not?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So you have two choices in your main menu call handler:

1. System Transfers. In your main greeting, "if you know your parties extension, press 1" This will then prompt for the System transfer and unity lady will say "please enter the extension you wish to transfer to"

2. Internet Subscribers. Then you can use dial by name and transfers.

good luck!

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to avoid the need to put in mailboxes and I don't know that I want to use the system transfer option. Is there no way to use wildcards with a call handler or routing rules??

Thanks,

Glenn

What do you mean by a wild card with call handlers? Call Handlers are pretty specific. They are linked to each other or by extensions.. Unity is not quite built like CCM with all the call processing features. It's more basic.

I'm looking for a way to have some type of routing where I can enter 14* and have all calls to extensions beginning with 14 route this way. I know routing rules can use wildcards but I don't think that routing rules will work in this scenario.

Thanks, Glenn

I dont think that will work in Unity. Unity needs to have specific numbers to hand back to the PBX or CCM. For instance, if you pick up your IP phone or any phone on on your network, and dial 14*, will it know what to dial... probably not, because you can't program that in CCM or any PBX for that matter.

You would probably need to come up with some kind of list for 1400-1499 in the system for it know which phone it would ring.

For instance, if I was in Unity call handler, and I put selected system transfer, typed in 1455, Unity transferred this to CCM. CCM picked up "1455" and checked it's tables. possible you have 1455 as CTI Device which is fowarded to a real DID or person...

Could probably also do translation pattern and say anything with 14xx translate to 5000 which is a device on the ccm (phone, cti, etc). You would not be able to use 14xx then on your system as valid extensions.

Hope this helps, or may just confuse you more.. (sorry!)

Internet subscribers are not mailboxes they are just numbers Unity can reach that are on the CCM or whatever. I agree with the other person in this thread that Unity needs to know where to send the call 14* is not a valid destination it's a group of possible destinations if you want to send it to a hunt group thats possible.....what are these phones your trying to reach?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: