cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Hander User Input Options Only Avaiable Certain Times

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Any chance there's a trick to allow certain user input options to be avaiable during the day and not at night or would it require 2 Call Handlers? More specific...During the day some of the call handlers will have a 0 out to operator option, but the 0 out will not be avaiable at night. Not sure if there's a shortcut to doing this or if I'll just have to create the call handler, copy it and add or remove the 0 out option. Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I looked into this and there is no time of day for Caller Input keys. The only way to do this to create the Call Handler with your input key mappings, then add a new call handler, copying the template you just made. Then use Time of Day routing in either CallManager or in Unity (direct calls in, etc) Adjust the second call handler to address the different caller input keys.

I couldn't find anythign either, but it never hurts to ask. I figured I'd just copy the call hanlder and do time of day routing.

I did think of one other solution. Set the operator Call Handler up with a schedule. For the standard greeting, set it to a blank greeting and send it to a call handler that would then send the calls to the operator. Then enable the closed greeting and record a message that the operator is not available and then send the call back to the main menu. Anyone see any problems with that? Thanks!

You can do that, but then the caller input will still be available. If you use that Call Handler, but change the greetings bases on Time of day, someone could still hit the "0" for the operator.

errrr did I not read it correctly?

Correct, the 0 option is still there, but instead of getting the operator they would get a recording that the operator is avaiable Monday from 9 AM - 5 PM or something like that.

Ahhh.... yes you could do that as well. The after hours greeting off menu... or "closed" would work.