User Account in CME

Unanswered Question
Jan 31st, 2007

Hello,

We want to create a user id at the web interface of CME/CUE , we only want to allow to add or delete an extension or a voicemail. We don?t want to give any other access to the user.

We created an account ?web admin customer name user22 password sapient? through CLI of router, but we are not able to login into the web interface through this account.

Also we looked for the option to create a user who could only create/delete an extension/Voicemail but couldn?t find proper privilege to add this user.

net net we want to create an account CME/CUE to have rights to add/delete an extention/Voicemail.

-Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 01/31/2007 - 09:06

IN addition to the "web admin customer" command, you also need the "web customize load" command to specify an xml file that contains the GUI customization for the user specified in the "web admin customer" command. Take a look at the following link for detailed instructions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00802d2419.html#wp2190190

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

nakhtacool Wed, 01/31/2007 - 09:19

Thanks for the responce,

would we be able to login into the CUE through this customized user ?

-Thanks

aciscolook Tue, 06/03/2008 - 23:19

Hi,

This link is no longer active. Do you have an updated link?

Thanks

aciscolook Wed, 06/04/2008 - 00:16

I went through the entire procedure and it works great, but it'd be nice to get rid of the 'extensions' and 'phones' submenus altogether on the GUI's 'configure' menu bar.

All i need to let customer do is add directory entries and view the call history.

Thanks for all the help.

Actions

This Discussion