cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.1 domain controller change

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Customer recently decommissioned one domain controller and replaced with another with different name. I went into gc/dc utility and manually entered the domain controller to get them operational again for importing exchange users. I als was told by the TAC that the only other way of fixing this is to re-run the unity message store configuration wizard, yet I see doci that says that after 4.0 Unity will find the new domain controllers itself? Not true? or am I misinterpreting what the doci says

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a80.html

2 Replies 2

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The documentation is correct. I think the TAC engineer may have misunderstood. If you need to change the Cisco Unity partner Exchange server, that's when you would use the Message Store Configuration Wizard.

If I were making this change, I would access the DCGC Reconnection Settings Tool in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot and make the change there, just to be safe.

I hope this helps.

Then I am confused. The domain controller changed but Unity didn't find it. I had to manually change it with the gc/dc tool.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: