Declining Calls

Unanswered Question
Jan 31st, 2007

Hi there.

When ringing in, i want to decline or mute the Call (7941, 7960, 7920 Phones).

I am using CCM 4.2. Is the Softkey Template the correct way of doing that? There are Call States (Ring In) where i am able to assign Softkeys for. But "Call End" for example is not available for Ring In. Am i looking somewhere wrong?

Regards

Martin

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
rob.huffman Wed, 01/31/2007 - 07:15

Hi Martin,

You are not looking in the wrong place. The "End Call" softkey can only be configured for the 'Connected" call state :( The closest thing to what you want would be to use iDivert. Have a look;

The Immediate Divert feature allows you to immediately divert a call to a voice-messaging system. When the call gets diverted, the line becomes available to make or receive new calls.

Access the Immediate Divert feature by using the iDivert softkey. Configure this softkey by using the Softkey Template Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. The softkey template gets assigned to phones that are in the Cisco CallManager system.

The call that is being diverted can be in the call offering, call on hold, or call active state. The call can be incoming or outgoing. The person on the call that is being diverted will receive the greeting of the voice-messaging system of the person who diverted the call.

From this good 4.2 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055af57.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

marvecs-germany Thu, 02/01/2007 - 00:58

Hi Rob

thanks for that key hint. The iDivert Feature is exactly what i've looked for!! Works perfectly.

Martin

marvecs-germany Thu, 02/01/2007 - 01:43

I'm stuck again ... just a simple question ..

In the Doc, the checklist recommends to assign the created Softkey Template to a Device Pool my Devices using. There is no option available to create that assignment, whether in the System Device Pool Properties nor in the Softkey Templates ...

Any suggestion?

Martin

rob.huffman Thu, 02/01/2007 - 05:37

Hi Martin,

That note must be in error,here is the info for Device Pools in CCM 4.2.

**The Device Pool window now contains only location-related information. The Common Profile window records all the user-oriented information.

In CCM 4.2 here are the two methods for assigning Softkey Templates;

Assigning Softkey Templates to IP Phones

Softkey templates are assigned to IP Phones when the phones are configured. You can assign standard and nonstandard softkey templates. There are two ways to assign a softkey template to a phone:

Assign the softkey template to a common profile and then assign the common profile to the phone in the Phone Configuration window.

Assign the softkey template to the phone using the softkey template field in the Phone Configuration window. If a softkey template is already specified in the common profile assigned to the phone, leave the softkey template field blank in the Phone Configuration window.

From this 4.2(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055b756.html#wp20138

Common Profile Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055b55a.html#wp1065472

Hope this helps! It's a pretty cool feature, great for when the annoying salesperson is calling :)

Rob

Actions

This Discussion