by the time writing this I am really bitter of fighting against something unvisible.
As a first step of qos implementation I just want to classify some traffic - any traffic - on a Catalyst 3560 ingress port for further processing. This is the first step, and even though a really simple configuration, it does not work.
Please, someone tell me what else is needed than :
- enable qos globally on the switch
- write a simple acl, like "permit ip any any"
- create a class map, match all and use
this acl as a match criterion
- create a policy-map, assign the class map previously created, and explicitly set the dscp value of the packet
- assign this policy-map to an interface, direction input
After these configuration applied, should I not see
- acl match counter greater than 0 ?
- policy map counters on the relevant interface greater than 0 ?
- egress packets marked dscp values other than 0 ?
I have been trying to get along with it for a very long time, and now it gets on my nerves.
What am I missing ??? Please...