Callmanager dialing help

Unanswered Question
Jan 31st, 2007

Hi,

I have one cluster of two CCM 4.2.3 servers on the central site with one gateway connected to PSTN.I have also 3 branch oficces with local gateways for SRST and connection to PSTN. I want configure translation patterns for pstn calling. For example if some user dial 3000 then it translates to a PSTN Number but i want that call goes to PSTN through gateway that is at same site of phone who is dialing. In site A if user dials 3000 goes to Gateway A ->PSTN. In site B if user dials 3000 goes to Gateway B ->PSTN. Is that possible with only one translation pattern entry ? Or do i have to configure one entry for each site?

Best Regards,

MC

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jgross Thu, 02/01/2007 - 07:42

Hello,

there is no possibility to do "policy routing" i.e. routing because of the calling number or partition.

So you have to enter the translation patterns 3 times in 3 different partitions for your three location.

A workaround is, to map a site code into the dialed number, do the translation, and the choose the gateway on the site code in the trnslated number, send it to the gateway and strip the site code.

Bye

Jo

etmarcof Thu, 02/01/2007 - 16:20

Hi Jo,

Could you please be more detailed in your workaround.

Let me see if i understood.

For Site A if i dial code(X)+number (3000)

My translation patern will be X3000 to XPSTN_Number? and then in route pattern i strip site code?

Best Regards

MC

Actions

This Discussion