cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine whether my network is stable?

Leo_Stobbe
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 sites connected via FO link. Some servers locates in one site, the others in 2nd site.

Sometimes i have network corruption (like mail client can't reach mail server during synchronization, and after 2-3 seconds it can).Lost ping echo-replies packets 20% from some servers. How can i monitor, tests, diagnose the network links ? At first i am interested how can it be checked on Cisco equipment without additional softs(sniffers), tools? What is the general practice in the worldwide?

thanks

thanks

3 Replies 3

rdessert
Level 1
Level 1

Check the interface status on your Cisco routers using the "show interface" command.

Look for input errors, output errors, CRC errors, collisions, interface resets, etc.

If any of these are incrementing, there is a problem.

You can check cpu utilization also by using the "show proc cpu" command. If it is over 80% it's getting really high.

Hi rdessert

Thanks for reply.

I have known these commands. Are these commands all what can be implemented on Cisco equipment

?

regards

Leo

kyawzawhtut
Level 1
Level 1

Another way is get the FO guy and ask him to test the link with his testing tool.

They can tell you whether the link condition is ok or not. :)

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: