cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Users

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Which item actually goes in the "Controlled Device Name" field when you BAT users?

I did find this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008053337b.html but what is considered the phone name? Would it be the SEPmacaddress? Thanks!

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

It is the MAC of the controlled phone;

Note: For information on how to read the exported CSV data file, click the link to View Sample File in the Insert Users window in BAT.

Controlled Device MAC Address1

Example: 00097CBEBAFC

Adding Users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008053337b.html#wp1038977

Hope this helps!

Rob

So it's JUST the MAC address? I don't need the SEP that Call Manager adds to it? Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Have a look at the Sample File in your version of BAT for Add Users. It only shows the MAC in the sample .csv file.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I looked at the help in BAT on the server and it shows the SEP in the Example. I tried it both ways and my import fails. Can anyone help?

I'm just trying 1 user for now. I attached my BAT text file and the error. Thanks!

Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Hi Mike,

I had a look at your BAT File and compared it to both, the example and a user file that I created via BAT.xlt and it looks fine :) The error listed in the log that you sent references IPMA and an object that is not supported ??

Rob

And that means??

Hi Mike,

I was asking you the same thing :)

Just to rule out your file I took it into our lab and ran it ;

Configure>Users>Insert Users (Lobby.txt) and it ran fine and added the User as required.

I don't think it is the file that is the problem.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Uninstall and reinstall was the fix. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: