External CCME directory

Unanswered Question
Feb 1st, 2007

Hi all,

I have a CCME (Version=4.1(0)) on a 2821 [Version 12.4(11)XJ] and I'm looking for some external directory / tool for the "number to name" lookup (the same function as the CCME local directory offers).

E.g. if an incoming call rings on the IP-phone (and the number is associated with a name in the external directory) it should shows up the name on the IP-phones display.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Greets,

Norbert

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.5 (3 ratings)
smalkeric Thu, 02/08/2007 - 07:43

To use a Cisco Unified CallManager directory as an external directory source for Cisco Unified CME phones, the Cisco Unified CallManager must be made aware of the phones. You must list the MAC addresses of the Cisco Unified CME phones in the Cisco Unified CallManager and reset the phones from the Cisco Unified CallManager. It is not necessary for you to assign ephone-dns to the phones or for the phones to register with Cisco Unified CallManager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611961.html

Paolo Bevilacqua Sun, 10/28/2007 - 17:48

Per manual, should be "service dnis" and "directory entry", both under telephony-service.

However I found some problems in which name is not always shown, in 12.4(11)XJ4.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

alig.norbert Mon, 10/29/2007 - 14:08

Hi all,

About 99 entries can be done under telephone-service with "directory entry" command.

For the external "number to name" solution I have to wait until ctmodule.com are going on market with a new callisto release (hope...).

Greets,

Norbert

Hi all

I have tried that with directory entry already. Problem is taht only 100 entries are possible and I need 800.

There is also a bug with CME 4.2 and 12.4.11XW1 on 2851. This IOS will not show the name of incoming calls with numbers configured with directory entry.

With CME 4.1 and 12.4(15)T1 or 12.4(11)XJ4 it is working.

From ctmodule I got the answer that this is on their roadmap for Callisto and also already could be done using the option Open Inboud Manger for the Callisto.

Thanks.

Regards

Peter

alig.norbert Wed, 10/31/2007 - 12:30

Hi Peter,

thanks for the info.

Is the Open Inbound Manager a module on the Callisto or a standalone Software?

Thanks

Greets,

Norbert

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 10/31/2007 - 12:35

I think a simple TLC/IVR script can do that, searching the entries from a file, for example a "bulk speed dial" file. I can provide you guys with a prototype if you want to try.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 10/31/2007 - 17:18

Ok, please state if you prefer:

- number->name lookup from a text file formatted like "bulk list dial" in CME.

or

- number->name lookup via an http query to a web server returning either a name, or "unknown". This to have the ability of interfacing to the directory service you want.

Just don't say you want both :)

craiglcve Wed, 10/31/2007 - 19:26

Hey could you possibly post that sample? I would be really interested also.

Thanks,

Craig

Paolo Bevilacqua Sat, 11/03/2007 - 17:53

Hi all,

I'm done with the prototype. It seems to me it's quite usable already. I shall improve few corner cases and add features at this point.

Note: the file that contains numbers/names must reside in flash. This is because the "file" command that I use in the script fails for tftp. However I can easily modify so that I obtain the file via HTTP, or even make the query via HTTP.

The file is accessed for reading on the first call only, so it should be possible to handle very large lists.

To reload a the file, do:

show call application sessions

and then

call application session stop id

I'm uploading the script to the usual place:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name.tcl

I will appreciate any feedback.

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 11/19/2007 - 04:42

Hi,

Nothing to worry about, the message is expected and happens for all and any TCL/IVR service configuration.

Let us know, thanks!

Hi,

At thje moment it is still not working. I have copied the tcl to flash.

194 0 Nov 19 2007 09:47:18 +01:00 IVR

195 5277 Nov 19 2007 09:47:24 +01:00 IVR/number2name.tcl

196 23520 Nov 19 2007 14:08:52 +01:00 bulklist.txt

Have also configured the application with CLI:

application

service num2name flash:/IVR/number2name.tcl

param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt

Also configuried dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

corlist outgoing NATIONAL

description Kantone und Mobile

preference 7

service num2name

destination-pattern 0[2-9].[1-9]......$

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits all

!

(I am calling to 0313081077)

But nothing is displayed, also not with

SDABER01#sh call application session

Session ID 135

App: Default

Type: Service

Url: builtin:Session_Service.C

Session ID 12E

Session ID 1

Session ID 12C

SDABER01#

I have made the bulklist.txt like:

7001, 0333350223, Moser N. P.

Have alos tried without spaces.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Peter

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 11/19/2007 - 06:11

Hi,

this service is made to show on the IP phone, the name of the person that is calling you, that is it works for incoming calls.

For this to work you need a pots DP with "incoming calling-number", that you don't have.

please make one specially for this a described in the script.

Hi

I found an error! If I have configuered the num2name lookup, call transfer is not working. Both calls (from A and to C) are still on hold and get not connected if I press the transfer softkey.

We have configured transfer-system full-consult

After removing the new dial-peer it works again.

no dial-peer voice 100 pots

( dial-peer voice 100 pots

description Number to name service

service num2name

incoming called-number 2.. )

Regards

Peter

ccatteau Mon, 12/17/2007 - 09:53

I have tested it on UC520 and we run into same call transfer problem

Regards

Christophe

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 12/17/2007 - 09:56

I'm just back from vacations, and will try to find a solution for the transfer problem. I *think* I know already what the problem is. So, stay tuned, thanks!

ccatteau Mon, 12/17/2007 - 10:01

Thanks, you are quick !

please ask for any debug info if needed.

Best regards

Christophe

Paolo Bevilacqua Sat, 12/22/2007 - 16:04

Hi,

I'm done with the changes for transfers to work, you can access the script at the usual repository.

I consider this still a test release, so if you notice something strange, please enable "debug voip application script" and post the output here.

Note: I know that after a transfer, the name extracted from the "database" is lost, and garbage can show instead. I don't think it is a problem with the script, but some kind of bug in CCME.

So at the present time, I don't have a solution, but will keep looking.

Actions

This Discussion