Views
Helpful
Replies

External CCME directory

alig.norbert
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have a CCME (Version=4.1(0)) on a 2821 [Version 12.4(11)XJ] and I'm looking for some external directory / tool for the "number to name" lookup (the same function as the CCME local directory offers).

E.g. if an incoming call rings on the IP-phone (and the number is associated with a name in the external directory) it should shows up the name on the IP-phones display.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Greets,

Norbert

23 Replies 23

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

To use a Cisco Unified CallManager directory as an external directory source for Cisco Unified CME phones, the Cisco Unified CallManager must be made aware of the phones. You must list the MAC addresses of the Cisco Unified CME phones in the Cisco Unified CallManager and reset the phones from the Cisco Unified CallManager. It is not necessary for you to assign ephone-dns to the phones or for the phones to register with Cisco Unified CallManager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611961.html

pf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Norbert

Did you find a solution / tool for the "number to name" lookup to show up the name on the IP-phone display. I am searching a solution with CME 4.2

Thanks

Peter

Per manual, should be "service dnis" and "directory entry", both under telephony-service.

However I found some problems in which name is not always shown, in 12.4(11)XJ4.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi all,

About 99 entries can be done under telephone-service with "directory entry" command.

For the external "number to name" solution I have to wait until ctmodule.com are going on market with a new callisto release (hope...).

Greets,

Norbert

Hi all

I have tried that with directory entry already. Problem is taht only 100 entries are possible and I need 800.

There is also a bug with CME 4.2 and 12.4.11XW1 on 2851. This IOS will not show the name of incoming calls with numbers configured with directory entry.

With CME 4.1 and 12.4(15)T1 or 12.4(11)XJ4 it is working.

From ctmodule I got the answer that this is on their roadmap for Callisto and also already could be done using the option Open Inboud Manger for the Callisto.

Thanks.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for the info.

Is the Open Inbound Manager a module on the Callisto or a standalone Software?

Thanks

Greets,

Norbert

I think a simple TLC/IVR script can do that, searching the entries from a file, for example a "bulk speed dial" file. I can provide you guys with a prototype if you want to try.

I would be interested on it....

That would be great!

Open Inbound Manager is an Option to the Callisto Express. It is the Licence to run applications which you can developp with the free CTMaker SW developpment plattform on the Callisto box.

More infos under www.ctmodule.ch.

Regards

Peter

Ok, please state if you prefer:

- number->name lookup from a text file formatted like "bulk list dial" in CME.

or

- number->name lookup via an http query to a web server returning either a name, or "unknown". This to have the ability of interfacing to the directory service you want.

Just don't say you want both :)

For me text-file like bulk dial list would be better.

Thanks

Peter

Hey could you possibly post that sample? I would be really interested also.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi all,

I'm done with the prototype. It seems to me it's quite usable already. I shall improve few corner cases and add features at this point.

Note: the file that contains numbers/names must reside in flash. This is because the "file" command that I use in the script fails for tftp. However I can easily modify so that I obtain the file via HTTP, or even make the query via HTTP.

The file is accessed for reading on the first call only, so it should be possible to handle very large lists.

To reload a the file, do:

show call application sessions

and then

call application session stop id

I'm uploading the script to the usual place:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name.tcl

I will appreciate any feedback.

Hi

I got time to test that now. Have the following error message:

SDABER01(config-app-param)#param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt

Warning: parameter list-file has not been registered under num2name namespace

Whats wrong?

Thanks a lot

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: