Views
Helpful
Replies

Bringing up an Interface

zeeshan.bokhari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is Zeeshan. I Have a pix firewall 525 and its IOS version is 6.3(3). Actually both my interfaces ethernet 0 and ethernet 1 are administratively shutdown and now I want to bring up both these interfaces......I have tried so in the configuration mode by using the command "no interface ethernet1 auto shutdown" according to the help available on the IOS, but after i press "Enter" it shows me the command for help and the command does not executes....so, does any body have some idea about this? that how to "no shutdown" an interface on PIX 525??

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zeeshan

Try "interface ethernet1 auto".

That should bring it up. It assumes you want to set interface to auto-negotiate.

HTH

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanx for the assistance, but when i entered "interface ethernet1 auto" it came up with "Type help or "?" for a list of available commands".....the command had something missing.....also its not only auto negotiation that i want to enable but also i want to bring up the interface

You must not be in config t.

Hi Adam Comiskey,

Ofcoarse im working in "config t" mode. its not about the mode I believe.

You can try the below command

interface ethernet0 100full

interface ethernet1 100full

This will force the interface to 100 mbps and full duplex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card