cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

exit_opc

humayun.sami
Level 1
Level 1

We are working in an IPCC Enterprise environment, there was a private link network failure, due to which the PGs could not sent *.hst data to CallRouter.

My question is this that when the Private link comes up, will the *.hst files be sent to the CallRouter by itself or we have to run exit_opc utility, if yes does it mean that every time the link goes down we have to run this utility, if you can verify your statement with a Cisco document link, that would be great.

Regards,

Humayun Sami

4 Replies 4

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

exit_opc command instructs the OPC process to exit on both sides of the PG, if duplexed. Node Manager forces the process to restart, which then forces a reload of the configuration for the Call Router. All internal peripheral and agent states are flushed. Then, OPC and Peripheral Interface Manager (PIM) relearn the PG and its configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800acafa.shtml

Does this mean that the data stucked on PG are flushed out, dont they pass the information that has not been transfered to ICM, while the connectivity was lost.

Basically i want to make my WebView Reporting proper, i am facing some discrepancy in the reporting.

As I understand it data is passed up and down from PG's to Central Controllers in realtime. Should connection to both PG's be lost no data will pass up to the CC'swhen the system comes back online as no calls will have been routed to the dead peripheral. The system is effectively down.

So you will have a gap in data if both PG's A+B fail.

Thanks for the reply, in my scenerio the PG's are working fine, what happens in the WAN link goes down sometime. So my ICMprocesses restart but when the PG want to sent the data back, when the processes of ICMrouter are back to normal, should it send it the data that has not being transfered to ICM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: