cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need win 98 drivers for AIR-CB21AG card , any hope?

justpushplay
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Take a moment and laugh, but I need to see if I can get a driver for a Toshiba Satellite 2545XCDT with a AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 card.

If anyone has any ideas where I might be able to find such a thing, please let me know. The other option is to install W2k on the box, but I think the CPU is to slow to support the install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

~r

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ray,

No worries :) I still have an older (should be retired, but its hard to throw away an old friend) laptop with windows 98 on it as well. You are out of luck with trying to find a driver for the AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 card. As you have discovered there are only drivers for XP and 2000.

Maybe you could source an old 350 client card (Google $35 - $75 US). There are still drivers available for it (software download);

Cisco Aironet 350 Series Client Adapters

Support of popular operating systems-Windows 95, Windows 98/98SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP, Mac OS 9.X, MAC OS X, Windows CE, Linux and MS-DOS.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your input... The laptop supports both cards and I have an AIR-PCM352. But looking for drivers leads to the same path. XP/2000. Even the legacy stuff is seemingly void of drivers fro these cards. Am I missing something?

Please lead the way. I could use a hand!

Thanks,

~r

Rob,

Not sure why I couldn't find that to begin with, but after doing some more diggin I came up. Thanks....

So lets see what happens tonight!

I have my doubts that this will work. It was good to see that the laptop supports both cards. I had no idea.

Somehow I think the Cisco s/w will want more info to make this fly than I have to offer.

I was also poking about for utility that will scan the horizon for a rouge signal...

This seem to fall back towards W2k/xp only.

Thanks for keeping me going. I had given up!

~Ray

luke776
Level 1
Level 1

The link is not working and MS-DOS drivers are missing. As well as Win98 drivers are missing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card