cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Tool Question

will-roach
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any documentation available on using the BAT tool to migrage users off a Call Manager 3.3 server onto a new 4.1 server?

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

You can not make migrations from one version to another, you need to use the exact same version of CCM and BAT on the exporting and importing. I recommend you to install the new server on the same version (3.3.X) and once you have migrated everything then upgrade to 4.1(x). Or upgrade your current server to 4.1(X) and then migrate to the new server.

Once you have done that here is a good BAT guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806cce4e.html

Can I use this BAT version to actually export to a CSV file, copy the MAC address out to a new BAT for CM6, then fill in the correct CS, PT, etc I need for each device?

Thanks!

Hey Tommer,

I don't think anyone from Cisco will give you their blessing on this one, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't capture the MAC addresses using this method. Like you noted the BAT.csv will be compiled using the correct BAT Version and all you are really doing is pasting the MAC's in the proper column/area.

Just my 2 cents :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yeah, for some reason I cant anyone Cisco to believe me that I can just BAT the phones and lines out to one file, that copy and paste the information I need to a new CSV file. Very odd!

cheers!