cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231G in WGB mode how does client-vlan work?

jallpress
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get an AP1231G in WGB mode to talk to an AP1231G in AP mode. Trunking works to the AP. The WGP associates with AP. I am assuming that workgroup-bridge client-vlan 10 effectively puts the ethernet port on the WGB on to VLAN 10. Do VLANs need to be enabled on the WGB? Does the WGB have to associate with a SID that is on VLAN 10 on the AP. Does this have any effect on the native vlan on the WGB. Has any one got a configuration similar to this that works? I will be happy to post the config files if any one is interested.

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Logically speaking, I think yes. VLANs need to be enabled on the WGB too. So that a client with SSID A will be assigned to vlan A and so on. This doesn't have any effect on the native vlan of WGB. But, ensure that the vlans you configure are allowed on the appropriate switch ports along with trunking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card