CCIE Lab

Unanswered Question
Feb 1st, 2007

Hi,

I know I have to take the lab exam witin one year after I passed the written exam, otherwise I have to retake the written exam in order to be qualified again for the lab exam. What I would like to know is that what if I fail the lab exam, and now my written exam one year period has passed? Do I still need to retake the written exam? or is there a period the wriiten exam can be wavied before the second go? Thanks.

Andrew

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
sundar.palaniappan Thu, 02/01/2007 - 17:28

Andrew,

Here's Cisco's policy on validity of written exam from the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/exam/

Expiration

Candidates must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE written exam. Candidates who do not pass must re-attempt the lab exam within 12 months of their last attempt in order for their written exam to remain valid. If a candidate does not pass the lab exam within three years, the written exam expires and must be passed again before the candidates will be allowed to schedule the lab.

HTH

Sundar

gaurav_dixit06 Wed, 02/07/2007 - 20:44

Dear Sunder,

if u will face CCIE LAB during 18 months then CCIE W validity will for 1.6year more ,M i right ??

please let me know ,sir .

sundar.palaniappan Thu, 02/08/2007 - 13:04

Gaurav,

Not exactly. Let's say someone appears for his lab on the last validity day, 18 months from the date written exam was passed, of the written exam and fail then they would have another 1 year time to appear for the lab. Remember, the lab has to be taken once every 12 months from the date of failure to extend the written validity period. That would be 18 + 12 months or 21/2 years. After which he would have only 6 months left to take the lab because of the 3 year maximum validity time of the written exam.

HTH

Sundar

Actions

This Discussion