Converting a 7960 with a SIP load to SCCP

Unanswered Question
Feb 1st, 2007

I have a phone with a SIP load on it that I need to convert to SCCP. Typically, I just enter **# to unlock the configuration and reset it. This is not working with this phone. When plugged into the LAN it resets every 5 seconds or so, so I don't have much time to try to get to Network or SIP config settings. So, I plug in an external power supply (vs POE) and remove it from the LAN. The resetting stops, but I still can't unlock the config using **#. I can see the Network configs, which are all 0.0.0.0 as well as the SIP configs, which are all basically port numbers or UNPROVISIONED. Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, do you know how to convert it to SCCP?

P.S..when connected to the LAN I can run 'sho mac-address-table | in MAC' and see the port the phone is connected to. When running this command repeatedly, the response varies depending on the state the phone is in. Also, I see a DHCP lease in my Active Directory scope belonging to the phone, but the phone isn't pingable nor does it show an IP address in the Network config on the phone.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
maybelynplecic Wed, 03/26/2008 - 13:26

I have a similar situation. I found out to unlock the Cisco SIP Phone you need to press settings on phone, you can either scroll down or press 9 and press select "Unlock Config". The default password is "cisco" select Accept. It should show the lock to the unlock visual image. If you're having problems getting an IP address like I did even with DHCP server set from the windows server 2003 or through the router, then you can now set static IP address information. Go to network configuration, select DHCP and select edit soft key. Select and it should allow to change DHCP to NO. Once that is set, it will allow you to set TFTP, IP, etc. to be manually configured by selecting the "edit" softkey.

As for changing it to SCCP phone load, I'm stil trying to get that to work. Hope that get's you a little bit further.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion