cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 routing performance

bbald
Level 1
Level 1

What is the routing capabilities of a 3560G-48TS with the "EMI" image. I want to put it on an mpls network rated at 25 and could go up to 100 meg and route to my private class c. I have a 2651 and it won't route 25 meg.

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Friend,

When you say you want to connect it to MPLS network does it mean you are going to run some kind of vrf lite on the switches or just conencting to the ISP MPLS domain..

In any case i would recommend an ISR router like the 2800 or 3800 series for this .

HTH

Narayan

I have a 3750 and a 4006 connected in this way. They just connect with a /30 network and they deliver over the wire a vlan that is connected to a Juniper router on the other side. So technically it is not mpls at the point I connect to it. The new connection will be a 100 meg copper inteface. I don't want to spend the money for a 2800 or 3800 because all it will be doing is routing between two subnets that are both ethernet. The 1751 I have on it now converts from t-1 frame encoding to ethernet which I can't do on a layer 3 switch. I have a 2950g-48 there now that I can reuse elsewhere. I know that it will work I just don't know how much data I can route through the 3560.

The 3560 should not have a performance problem L3 routing anything on a 10/100 or a 10/100/1000 port. Way more hardware there than you can saturate in most real environments... Way more...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card