cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3825 Gigabit Interface does not connect when set to 100/FDX

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Customer originally had a Cisco 2621XM whose Fast Ethernet Port was connected to a Catalyst 2950 and both ends set to 100/FDX and everything was working fine. Today customer replaced Cisco 2621XM to a Cisco 3825. When 3825 and 2950 are set to Auto the Link comes up OK and everything works fine. When set to 100/FDX at both ends the link stays down.

Customer is not happy even then. He wants the link to come up when 3825 Gi0/0 and 2950 port are both hard-coded for 100/FDX.

5 Replies 5

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Please note:

============

1. Interface Gi0/0 of the 3825 is currently connected to our upstream internet provider's switch (manufacturer unknown, but they advise me it's a gigabit interface which is currently forced to 100Mbps/FDX (both ends are forced to 100/FDX)). Interface Gi0/1 of the 3825 is currently connected to interface FE0/6 of 2950-24 node DMZGwnSX001 (both ends are set to auto-neg and are operating normally - no errors).

During the testing, Interface Gi0/1 on the 3825 was connected to Interface FE0/24 on the 2950T-24 and both were configured for 802.1q encapsulation carrying VLAN's 60 and 61. Both interfaces were forced to 100Mbps/FDX which resulted in a linkdown status.

Please note the show tech from the 2950T-24 does not reflect the interface and VLAN configuration used during the test as it has since been reconfigured.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check to see if the 3825 port has auto mdix turned on , if so then it has to be auto for it to work or turn auto mdix off and you should be able to hardcode .

Auto MDIX - Is this an Interface Configuration Command? I will check out the syntax when I log into the router.

Auto MDIX - Is this an Interface Configuration Command? I will check out the syntax when I log into the router.

Yes it is , though I am not positive if that is supported on the that model or not . See if it will accept "no mdix auto" on the interface , if not it is not relevant .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card