Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoIPPhoneExecute priorities

webmailmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an application that would occasionally make the phone dial a particular extension. Now, it works fine if the phone is not doing anything when I "push" it the command.

What would happen if I "push" the command to the phone while it's in the middle of a call? Can I somehow "queue" the commands on the phone, so that they are executed after the current call ends?

Just in case that matters, I'm trying to switch off the MWI indicator of the phone. Is there any other way to do it, without making the phone dial the MWI OFF number?

Thank you, any help would be appreciated (and rated).

Cheers,

Victor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

XmlEquals
Level 3
Level 3

The Cisco IP Phone developer guide says that priority 1 will cause it to be queued, and processed later when not busy, right?

Does it? I've looked through the "Developing Cisco IP Phone Services" book, and it doesn't say anything about priorities at all. Could you give me a link to the guide please?

Thank you.

sure:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/5_0/5_0_1/ipphsv/ip503ch2.htm#wp1033858

I always google 'ciscoipphoneexecute'

and that get's me to it.

Thank you.

It says that "The Priority attribute is only used for HTTP URLs. Internal URIs always execute immediately.". But I guess I can still make my first Execute request asking the phone to navigate to a page with another Execute request, which would then dial the number.

I haven't tried that yet, hope it'll work as it's supposed to on both 7940's and 7960's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: