cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Clients can't access some of the network.

deidson
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize I do not have the config handy and I am not onsite, but I thought someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am able to VPN in (VPN client and PIX 501) and use RDP to access the W2k servers on the network, but we have an internal webserver that I am not able to get to via IP or URL. Therefore its not a name resolution issue. Network users onsite have no problem accessing the webserver which tells me its not a service or sofware firewall issue on the webserver. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Things you can check.

What is the default gateway on the server?

Does it have dual NIC?

If so, where does the route point to for your Client pool assigned by the PIX firewall?

Gilbert

It may be a gateway issue on the webserver. That would make sense as to why local users could get it via the local switch and VPN users may not. I'll check into that. Thanks for the tip.

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Is the webserver on a dmz?

Is it part of your interesting traffic, if not you have to add webserver subnet to interesting traffic. Are you trying to connect with private ip address?

Oh 501, no dmz then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: