cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU on IPCC Express 4.0(4)SR1 - FCVoIPMonSvr.exe

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

For the last 24 hours, CPU on our Primary CRS Engine has been very high (80 - 100%). Taskmgr shows the primary culprit as as FCVoIPMonSvr.exe. If I kill this process, CPU returns to normal levels for about 30 seconds, then process comes back and we're back to square one.

I'm assuming this has something to do with Voice Monitoring, and we do have the service active but no one is currently using it. Upon killing the process, I messages flooding event viewer saying "Error: in retrieving mac address for agent (XXXX) Error (36: no more records found)". No other abnormalities have been found in the logs so far.

Other than the high CPU, everything seems fine (CTI ports registered, applications working, agents can log in, Historical Reports OK, etc). But obviously I'm concerned about this and was wondering if anybody's seen it before.

2 Replies 2

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Temporarily got the CPU back to normal levels by stopping the VoIP Monitoring Service in Control Center.

Johnny,

You need to run the PostInstall Tool (aka the "CAD Configuration Setup Tool") on the IPCC Express server and select a valid NIC for the VoIP Mon service.

Please refer to the "CAD Configuration Setup" section of the CAD Installation Guide for more details about launching/using the PostInstall Tool:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/agents/cad611ig.pdf

If you continue to have problems, please open a Service Request with TAC.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: