Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP AND VISTA

starfleet44
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My college uses leap, and I can't seem to find any client that works with vista, any help?

Thanks,

Kevin Huff

29 Replies 29

ksannedhi
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a Cisco card, try to go to Atheros websie to find drivers. Don't expect Cisco come up with ACU or ADU for one more month at least.

Apparently the XP version of the Atheros client does work under Vista (seen in the wild on a Fujitsu tablet). The Cisco ADU may work as well. If anyone is willing please try installing the ADU on Vista and report back. You'll get points from me FWIW.

Kunal Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Update ... Intel just told me that they plan to release supplicant support (incl. LEAP/EAP-FAST) (on Intel 2200/2915/3945/4965) on Vista in their new 11.1 wireless client release, targeted for late March/April.

Cisco yet not have any plan to support Vista ...May be in future WINBU ...plan to release ADU for Cb21AG card to support vista.

Aethors client are not supporting LEAP on Vista ...( tested ). You can use client to just have basic wireless connectivity.

I have tested PEAP ms-chap V2 and it supported by on vista..

So I think for now you can either be on Xp or need to switch to Microsoft propriety security like PEAP with Ms chap V2

Any news??

Intel Proset Wireless 11.1 is out but not include LEAP support for Windows Vista. I think CISCO must support it!! Many schools uses LEAP and isn't easy that they will change authentication..

I wait for news...

This is really frustrating. I need the Aironet client to work with my laptop that has Vista, and the medical center I need to connect to won't change from LEAP. What is Cisco going to do when lots of people have Vista? I don't have a Cisco card. I was told by the medical center IT staff that the internal wireless card that my laptop has should work with the Aironet utility.

I think using internal wireless card with Aironet Client Utility is completely misleading. You can look this up for yourself at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/prod_release_note09186a00807ab153.html#wp32270

I think the medical center people should be more co-operative by letting you use Static WEP instead of LEAP.

The problem with UCSF Medical Center is getting them to cut through all the red tape to use a different method. Plus, if it is something they have to change on their servers, I can pretty much forget about ever finding the right person to do it, and I can't imagine them doing it for just me.

> I think the medical center people should be more co-operative by letting you use Static WEP instead of LEAP.

I think Cisco should be more co-operative by supporting Vista!

Amen brother! I am hearing that Vista support will be delivered via a CCX5 "Toolkit" to hardware vendors (since when is OS support part of CCX?) and that this is not expected until Summer or later.

Having a hospital on LEAP is like having unprotected sex in a third world opium den.

Hopefully, someone will inform them of this before somebody ends up with a handful of AD credentials. Perhaps this will entice them to use PEAP at least, which should work on your laptop!

Amen to that. Here's a video on exactly how to crack LEAP using only Windows XP/sp2 and free tools. It's a snap.

http://www.vestivus.com/video/MTEwNg__

This is fantastic!

I support a network with 400 Cisco WAPs and approximately 5000 users.....all using LEAP!

I guess the good news is that we won't have to spend the money we had planned to upgrade all the WAPs to 802.11g.

If we are forced to migrate away from LEAP to PEAP, meaning I basically have to redesign the entire network infrastructure, we can start purchasing cheaper equipment from another vendor, and stop forcing my clients to buy Cisco cards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card