cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Query against Cisco Corporate Directory

matthsims
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to develop an intranet type application that will have a search and click to dial type interface. I have tried the directory.asp that uses the WebDialer and it does work. I would like to develop an app (custom, not the directory.asp) that can query by name or department against our Active Directory and against the Cisco Corp Directory. I'm pretty clear on how to do everything but querying against the Cisco Corp Directory.

The reason for doing it this way is because there are more phone numbers that are available in our AD that could be used to click and dial. If you can help in any way I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

6 Replies 6

XmlEquals
Level 3
Level 3

Well, it depends on a few factors:

What version of CallManager is this? CallManager no longer has the embedded corporate directory in 5.0 and above.

If you wanted an application that is more flexible moving forward, I'd recommend you use AXL to query the users from the CCM database (which is in sync with the embedded corp directory in CallManager, so you should be able to get pretty much teh same info).

And then, if you upgrade to 5.0 or above, your application only has to change in minor ways--tweak your AXL query, and send the AXL SOAP request over HTTPS instead of HTTP...

This is on CallManager version 4.2.

I like that option because I'm sure an upgrade is in the near future.

What is the best source of documentation on this type of solution?

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am new to this technology so I have many questions.

You'd probably want this URL handy:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_documentation_roadmap09186a00805f07c7.html#wp1031808

On that URL, the first link is a link to AXL documentation.

AXL has a 'fat' version and a 'thin' version. The fat version is a real API--i.e., a well-parameterized set of methods for common operations. For instance, you can do a 'getUser' to retrieve user info. However, if you have alot of different data that you need correlated, you might use the 'thin' version--i.e., use 'executeSQLQuery' which allows you to do a raw SQL query. If you go that path, you'll want to have that DataDictionary link on hand, which explains the table structure of CCM.

That link is for 5.0--not sure if 4.2 exists, but that'll get you started if you need to google further...

Hi,

Have you managed to query Corporate directory? I'm trying to do similar thing with Callmanager 4.1.3 can you give some tips, please?

Best Regards

MC

CCM4 is kinda EOL (sorry, cannot resist.. it's time to upgrade). If you're serious about investing time into something you have to redo when you upgrade (CCM5 and above store the information in the database as already discussed).. then have a look at the IP Phone Services SDK.. .it contains some LDAP search examples (there's a COM element for ASP pages.. and java code).

I have used the java code as a basis for all my LDAP needs (it has evolved a lot since of course but the SDK first got me started).

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not sure how you managed to reset the timestamps - but this is a forum for developers.. not a sales forum. If at all (and I'm not sure it is.. I haven't gone through the acceptable use policy in great detail to see whether it is at all okay), it would be appropriate to mention your solution in the IPSS forum for end users - but in a developer forum I expect other developers to answer questions by their peers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: