cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager supported in a virtual machine

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have heard somewhere that callmanager is supported running on a virtual machine. Is this true. Can't find any docs stating this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it is not officially supported. You can get it to work, but Cisco TAC will not support it.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it is not officially supported. You can get it to work, but Cisco TAC will not support it.

HTH,

Chris

I owuld like to set up a lab with CCM, UCCX and Unity using VMs. Will it work with MSVM? What do I need to do to make it look like a Cisco box?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I recommend using VMware (VMware Server is free) to set up CCM/Unity, although you need a lot of Memory (1gb would be the minimum). However as noted, using this in production is illegal.

bill
Level 1
Level 1

The easiest way to create a VM for Lab purposes is to install the Cisco OS2000.4.x on a real MCS Server, patch the OS, and then use the (free) VMWare converter to "Virtualise" the platform. This gives you a VMWare image, running on the free VMWare edition. Copy this to a spare location as a backup, and then work on one copy. Don't install Callmanager before you virtualise the machine, as you can then change IP Address/Hostname to suit your test environment before you install Callmanager. This image will support a seamless install of Callmanager 4.x as well as IPCC etc, as as far is the image is concerned it reports as a true MCS Server, with just the hardware converted to VMWare options. As mentioned in other places in this thread, this is NOT supported by TAC but can be used for Lab and Proof of Concept applications.

A VMware install of a standard Windows 2003 Server can be used for Unity Connection as long as you install with the /nopcd option.

Please remember to rate if this is helpful. Cheers

Bill.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: