cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MX 990 MultiSite (embedded MCU) + VT Advantage?

cwatts
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody used a Tandberg MXP 990 with the MultiSite feature (embedded MCU) to join multiple MXP 990's and multiple VT Advantage stations into a call?

I figure it should work. The MX 990 is an H.323 endpoint to CallManager. Call signalling from a VT Advantage (SCCP) station will be converted by CallManager.

I'm trying to avoid purchasing a 3515 MCU today.

With this equipment, on CM 4.1.X, will I be able to "host" a conference on the MXP 990, by dialing into it?

Tandberg MXP 990 + MultiSite MCU

Tandberg MXP 770

VT Advantage equipped 7960

VT Advantage equipped 7960

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, I've used the multisite functionality (embedded MCU) in the Tandberg MXP 990 for multipoint conferences with VTA clients. In my scenario, the H.323 MXP 990 device (code revision F4.1) was registered to a gatekeeper, and the SCCP (VTA clients) simply dialled the E.164 number of the H.323 device. The MXP 990 spots another incoming call and creates a conference. I did find that the MCU functionality wouldn't work through an IP-IP Gateway, but I haven't tried this with a more recent 12.4T IPIPGW release. Also, I didn't try the MXP registered as a native H.323 device in CallManager.

In its role as an embedded MCU, the device will be generating multiple audio and video RTP streams with the conference participants, so you should be mindful of the bandwidth requirements and the placement of the endpoint within the network. (The placement of dedicated MCU resources may be different to an embedded MCU within an endpoint, which will more likely be sited towards the network edge).

Please rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: