Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 CatOS to IOS migration

m-mneimneh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have tried converting my 6509's existing CatOS {version 8.4} to IOS {12.2}, following the manual process. the 6509 has a Sup2 & an MSFC2.

When i was done uploading the IOS & restarted the switch, the switch would boot normally, but the RP would crash & generate crash info file in the switch's flash. i am wondering if anyone has experienced such a case.

thank you,

-Mohamad.

6 Replies 6

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

I have done this succesfully in the past.

The procedure is described in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml#conv_msfc_2

Goodluck!

Regards,

Leo

lioncool
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation with 6509 Sup2/MSFC2. It works fine with Hybrid, but when I'm trying to upgrade it to the native IOS the SP boots perfectly but RP crashes:

00:00:01: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHING: System pausing to ensure console debugging output.

00:00:01: %C6MSFC-3-NOCPUVER: Invalid CPU ID 9999. System crashed to ROMMON

00:00:02: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHED: System was paused for 00:00:00 to ensure console debugging output.

00:00:02: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to switch processor

I've tried to update RP rommon, to change the IOS version - no luck. It's always the same problem (%C6MSFC-3-NOCPUVER).

Any ideas?

Hi,

i have escalated this issue to a Cisco partner. i should get an answer within a couple of days, and i'll keep you posted.

did you get any answer from cisco?

same problem here

Hi Soheil,

actually i did not; this case remains unsolved. let me know if you get to the bottom of it.

thanks,

-Mohamad.

Same issue faced while trying to upgrade the MSFC.

Any suggestions!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card