Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balacing on head office

basharath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two connection lease line @ my branch office which is connecting to my main office, and currently I am using static routes on branch office. I am looking for load balance on the both link, for example traffic should parallel pass on both link instead of failover connection. Any suggestion please.

Basharath Khan

6 Replies 6

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You can use 2 static routes for the destination traffic with one pointing to 1st link and the 2nd to the redundan link

http://www.inetdaemon.com/tutorials/internet/ip/routing/static/index.shtml#loadbalancing

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

not sure i understand what you mean?

narayan trying to say that configure the two static route with same AD pointing towards the destination.

for example you have the destination 192.168.1.1 is connected using two link through same source then you can use two stati route.

regards

Devang

i see, so by using the same ip address on both static routes on both interfaces, this will load balance?

you will also need to add these commands on the outside interface:

ip load-sharing per-packet

OR

ip load-sharing per-destination

Can you post your topology

That will help us to give you the right solution

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card