cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Added a HWIC-AP-G-A= to a 1841 but no interface.

nolanr
Level 1
Level 1

I just added a HWIC-AP-G-A= to my 1841 running c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12 but I'm not getting a dot11radio interface. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bob,

Here is a clip from Ben's (from Cisco) excellent post (he knows more about this than I ever will :)

Yes, the HWIC-AP is supported with the 1841, but you must be running a 12.4T IOS image (in addition to the correct feature set). I'd suggest 12.4(11)T with Adv. Security or Adv. IP Services Feature Set. Make sure you meet the minimum memory requirements as well.

Your next best option would be 12.4(9)T2 with either Adv. Security or Adv. IP Services Feature Set.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bob,

Here is a clip from Ben's (from Cisco) excellent post (he knows more about this than I ever will :)

Yes, the HWIC-AP is supported with the 1841, but you must be running a 12.4T IOS image (in addition to the correct feature set). I'd suggest 12.4(11)T with Adv. Security or Adv. IP Services Feature Set. Make sure you meet the minimum memory requirements as well.

Your next best option would be 12.4(9)T2 with either Adv. Security or Adv. IP Services Feature Set.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

That was it! Thanks a bunch. I only had 32 meg flash and the OS you suggested wouldn't fit so I took a chance and ran up to the local Office Max to see if they had any closeout 128MB cards (theier site showed that they didn't carry it anymore). Bingo, they had 3! Just had to format it to FAT and all is good. Thanks so much for the support!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card