<Name>10.11.164.42</Name>

<URL>RTPTx:10.11.164.42:24636</URL>

</MenuItem>

<MenuItem>

<Name>STOP</Name>

<URL>RTPTx:Stop</URL>

</MenuItem>

</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

When I use IE explorer to see the file, it' ok, I see the file as XML (black and red text). When I tell the phone to get the XML file (via apache web serveur).

the file is loaded, but as TEXT and not XML. So the result, is that I can read the XML file like in "wordpad" on the screen of the 7960 phone

I've try my file on the aptigen phone emulator and everything is displaying as XML. (it seem that it's a good product)

http://www.aptigen.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=52

My question:

How can I make the phone understand that this is not a text file but a XML file ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It must be pure XML (not HTML), and the content-type header must be 'text/xml'.

I believe you can use apache rules to force the web server to send down text/xml for content-type instead of text/plain or text/html or whatever it is it's sending.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

XmlEquals
Level 3
Level 3

The content-type header must be 'text/xml'

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1

i do have try to put that at the beginning of the file. But, nothing change, the phone continue to load ? text file.

Content-type is a a header, not a part of the response body.

thanks, but nothing is working, I think that i absolutely need asp to make everything works.

Do you have a working example of a basic xml file that is working on a 7960 ?

I do have try this:

RTPTx

It must be pure XML (not HTML), and the content-type header must be 'text/xml'.

I believe you can use apache rules to force the web server to send down text/xml for content-type instead of text/plain or text/html or whatever it is it's sending.

thanks for the tips,

I do have found in the apache configuration

that:

.xml files have a rewrite header of text/html

I change the file "myme.types" in the "\appache\conf\" folder and everything was working perfect !

now the appache web server is sending a text/xml header to the cisco IP phone

IS there any configuration needed for IIS in windows 2000 server also.I found there content type text/xml.

My ccm is 4.1(3)

IP phone 7912

getting error Not Available

XML error[!5]

any suggestions welcome

Regards,

Hey--that's not really enough info for me to go off of, but XML error[!5] seems to tell me that your XML is not valid.

What is the XML you are sending in your script? Have you tried to view the XML in a web browser? IE or FF can act as a simple way to verify that you are sending valid XML.

Post the XML here--maybe there is something obviously amiss...

Thanks for your reply.

I'm attaching the screen shots how the xml shows in IE

Order of the elements matter with XML.

Find GraphicMenu in this PDF:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ciscopress.com%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2F1587050609%2Ferrata%2FQuickRef.pdf&ei=TM_RRY-sPI7igQPLr7GeAw&usg=__91I7ILDt1oSDBz9qXukqhJ_yLUs=&sig2=OE4ckVElwolDNYPLdhbHAQ

Notice how Title comes first, for instance--try to correct your own XML to fit that.

http://www.aptigen.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=52

is a good product for testing xml on a phone

you have to consider also that 7912 cisco phone have a more limited xml browser than other models.

also, in the sp?cification, you have to get all the latest update for the IIS (the latest IIS is 6.0) and you have to make sure to install the msxml3sp2setup.exe (include in the sdk of cisco)

Hi,

I has the same problem as you but I use apache2. Can you tell me the changes that you done in mime.types because I tried different things at it doesn't work.

Thank you