Partner locator with storage specialists

Unanswered Question
Feb 4th, 2007


Just as a matter of interest, when searching for a partner with Storage Specialization, what does that mean? Does it mean that the partner has something like a CCIE in Storage Networking? If not, then what qualifications are needed?



I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
colin.mcnamara Sun, 02/04/2007 - 22:46

If a Cisco Partner has their storage specialization that means they have the personnel certified for the following roles.

This requires at least two distinct people (one person can generally hold two roles at a partner). They do not have to be a CCIE, but have to have passed the relevant exams for this partner certification.


A salesperson that demonstrates an understanding of the MDS product line by passing Cisco's Storage Sales Specialist Exam and the Cisco Sales Expert Exam

Design (sales engineering)

An architect that has passed Cisco's Storage Design Specialist Exam

Field Engineer

An engineer who has passed Cisco's Storage Support Specialist Exam

stephen2615 Sun, 02/04/2007 - 22:52

Hi Colin,

Thats what I expected. Funny there are none here in Australia that I can find. Fancy having a sales person who knows exactly what they are selling. I thought that was why you had pre sales engineers...

Thanks for you assistance.


colin.mcnamara Mon, 02/05/2007 - 20:12

Yeah, good sales people are few and far between.

They are out there if you look hard enough.


This Discussion



Trending Topics: Storage Networking