ICT fallback to PSTN

Unanswered Question
Feb 4th, 2007

Hi

CM 4.0 on 2 clusters (USA and India) and on the USA cluster, a call is made to 703XX which hits the following RL with 2 RG

1st - InterclusterTrunk to India RG

2nd - USA's MGCP GW RG. The RouteList Details page for this routegroup will have the called number changed from the 5digit 703XX to a international 011XXXXXXX number.

has anyone had this scenario and if so, what is the experience with 4.0?

My concern is that I feel the ICT is not reliable when it tries to sync up btwn the 2 clusters so there is never a fallback to the pstn. How does CM recognize if ICT is down?

I want to avoid going into CM to manually reset the ICT as I feel that if ICT is down, it should fall back to PSTN.

What tool is used to find out if ICT is down? I cannot find anything in RTMT or perfmon to tell me if the h225 or h245 for the ICT is bad.

TIA

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sbilgi Fri, 02/09/2007 - 06:33

The only way to achieve the ICT fallback to PSTN will be through the use of a Route List where the ICT list is the first and then the local PSTN gateway is the second.

k_vishwesh Sun, 02/11/2007 - 23:32

hi,

ICT failover does not happens or it takes longtime to failover.If it takes long time for failover then disable the h225 info.

ICT to PSTN failover should work.Yes need to create route list.

Actions

This Discussion