cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POLICY BASED NAT HELP

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

currently have an 1841 with an adsl interface going to the internet with a public static nat to 10.1.1.1 for the inside. Currently ALL traffic goes OUT of the D0 adsl interface which is becoming congested.

To alleviate the congestion a separate 2mb leased line is being brought online, but this has a different network to the ADSL line. I am going to connect the new leased line router to my existing 1841 by using the spare ethernet port on the 1841 & a crossover cable to the 1721 leased line router.

My issue is this.

I want to use Policy based routing to route both mail & PPTP traffic down the new leased line & all other traffic down the existing ADSL line.

HOW do I configure the NAT part of this, as I only have ONE inside address of 10.1.1.1 which ALREADY has a one to one nat for the ADSL?

I need some kind of policy based NAT for my pptp traffic & my SMTP traffic for the 10.1.1.1 address as well as leaving the existing Static nat which points to the adsl router.

Can this be done, or is it impossible?

I HAVE ALREADY LOOKED AT PBR LINKS ON THE CISCO SITE AND CANNOT FIND AN EXAMPLE!

1 Reply 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card