Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS multiserver licensing

dominik.latusek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody!

I am looking for any kind of confirmed informations (cisco docs) about licensing CW LMS in multiserver environment.

I have to get one license per server or can I install redundancy topology using one license? (ie. distributed LMS applications, same redundant servers).

Regards

Dominik

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need a license for every LMS 2.5/2.6 license that you install. That is, unless you install RME, CM, DFM, IPM on different servers (not repeating either module on a second server). In that scenario you could use one license for all servers.

However, that isn't redundancy, but it does help keep the load down on a server by spreading out the apps to multiple machines.

Anytime you plan on installing either of RME, CM, DFM, or IPM more than once, you will need a new license.

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

As per the previous reply, a license is needed for each LMS component. Cisco does however provide a license for DR( Disaster Recovery) or backup LMS Servers. Feel free to contact Cisco regarding a license for such a server. As learnt from a previous experience with one of our customers they got the 2nd license at a reduced rate.