cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that is saying they are experiencing dead air after someone leaves them a message. When the customer checks their voice messages, there will be several minutes of dead air after the message ends.

I have yet to be able to replicate this issue.

Anyone ever seen this before??

Thanks,

Chris

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the NIC cards on the Unity server and Messaging server if it is seperate. Sometimes what happens is that the fault redudancy on the NIC cards is either not working at all, or someone has changed it to "load balancing" LB is not recommended because the streams of audio could in one NIC and return on another. This would cause the systems to possible record dear air or nothing at all....

Also check your TSP versions. The TSP version on Unity may need to upgraded to have the ablity to correctly identify a hang up to Unity. it could be not passing the tones for hangup correctly.

good luck!

The customer is running NIC teaming on the Exchange server. I assume NIC teaming is the same as load balancing?

If so, is the fix to remove NIC teaming?

Also, how would I know if I needed to upgrade TSP on the Unity server? I can see what version the Unity server is running, but I don't know if it is old or not.

Unity will have NIC teaming as will the Exchange server. (most likely) We see audio problems stem from NIC teaming. To work around this and test the NIC teaming on both ends is:

- Break the NIC teaming so only (1) NIC is operating on both ends. (unity and Exchange)

- Make sure you have the switch port forced to the speed on the card and duplex. Typically, 100F Full Duplex is what is recommended at the switch and on NIC card settings. Mismatched settings can cause audio problems.

-Test VM.

If you get it work correctly, you will be able to piece back the NIC Teaming and set it to Fault Redudancy and it should be ok.

As for the TSPs. I believe 8.3 is the currently relase on unity.

By the way, if you change NIC teaming.. be at the console and the server will have to be rebooted also.

This may be a stupid question, but how do you configure NIC teaming for Fault Redundancy?

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: