Views
Helpful
Replies

Time controlled CFA - until 6pm forward to xxx, after 6pm to Voicemail

marvecs-germany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

as described in the Subject - is there any possibility configuring Call Forwarding to time based?

We have a Service Center here which we forward all of our incoming Calls to starting on 5pm until 6pm. On 6pm (and later) we need to replace that CFA by Voicemail until the Attendant deletes all the CFAs in the next Morning ..

Any help very appreciated!!

Regards

Martin

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can take advantage of the Time of Day routing available in CCM 4.1+,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmsys/a03tod.htm

basically your CSS applied to CFA field will have access to 2 ToD paritions, where one DN belongs to the 5-6 parition and the other can be wide open, this way when a call arrives between 5-6 and the device is set to call forward all it will match the DN in the 5-6 parition and route the call accordingly.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for that hint, i think it's exactly what i need, but still having questions ...

Let's say, i want to forward all calls on a specific phone to voicemail starting on 5pm, ending up with 6pm.

Just done ...

- Created a Time Period "Voicemail Period Part 1", Start Time 5pm, End Time 6pm, Repeat every Week from Mon through Fri.

- Created a Time Schedule "Voicemail Forward", added previously created Period "Voicemail Period Part 1"

- Created Partition "Voicemail Forward", set the previously created Time Schedule, Timezone "Originating Device"

- In CSS, the Phones using for Default, added Partition "Voicemail Forward"

What's the next Step? Do i need to create a new Line to the Target Phone with same DN (Shared Line), setting the Partition "Voicemail Forward" and adding CFA?? I'm stuck here ...

Please Chris ... any more hint ... :)

Regards

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: