FXO disconnect problem in dubai and emirates

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2007

Hi all ,

I am facing the problem with Fxo disconnect supervision.My customer is having one pstn number number and 10 fxo lines for that single number.

Sometimes the call coming to this number is not getting into the plar number number configured but getting ringback tone to the person who is calling.

Some times its getting ringing on ip phone ,but when try to answer its getting disconnected.

Can you please provide me any working config for FXO port,freq,ring cadence

My customer is in dubai and using etisalat connection

thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 02/05/2007 - 11:22

Hi,

The following link is precious info for tones:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

Note that the first problem you mentioned, is symptom of a bad line. Check the call counters on your FXO ports, if one line is getting no calls, it is almost certainly defective and must be reported as such to telco.

For the second problem, some more debug would be needed, but first check is that impedance settings, etc are set correctly, again on the FXO port. I do not think that dubai uses any supervisory disconnect scheme, but I may be wrong in that.

csco11063007 Mon, 02/05/2007 - 11:44

I called up telco guys and they already ckecked allthe line infront of me..they connected all the lines to analog phones and ckecked each line..all them are working fine.

But then connect it to the fxo ports some calls made to the number is not coming to the ip phone configured vas plar .During this fault call i checked with "sh voice port summary " all the fxo ports seemed as dormanent mode .

When the call uis coming to the plar number its showing ring detection

any idea

thanks for your reply

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 02/05/2007 - 14:34

Hi,

one tool you can use is "debug vpm signal". You should definitely see the ring and the port going off-hook. It would be good if you could isolate the particular line/port that has a problem. As a last resource, you can configure busyout on the voice-port, and if the lines are in hunt-group, it will no accept calls anymore.

sachin.gawli Tue, 02/20/2007 - 23:54

Hi,

I am sahin. i am also facing same problem regarding FxO ports. I am still not able to fine the correct CP tone settings to be used in Dubai for etisalat PSTN connection. If you have can you please pass it on to me.

Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion