Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7206 non-VXR with NPE-150

martinkluge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got an old 7206 non-VXR with NPE-150. I tried different IOS versions (mostly 12.2.x), but none seems to work. I always get invalid opcodes. So what's the latest version that should work on the 7206 non-VXR with NPE-150 and supports the following features:

- BGP

- NHRP

- VPDNS (L2TP/PPTP)

- IPv6

Thank you,

Martin

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Martin

I checked in the Software Advisor in CCO and it indicates that for 7206nonVXR the latest version supported is 11.2(1).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick

thank you for your answer. 11.2(1) is really old. I'm now running 12.2.40 which seems to work (also no IPv6 support).

Thank you,

Martin

Rick,

It appears NPE-150 can run 12.2 code and in fact, 12.2(13)(c7200-is-mz.122-13.ZD2) seems to support all 4 functions Martin wants to enable on the 7206 w/NPE-150.

Martin, can you try that image and let us know if that helps.

HTH

Sundar

Hi Sundar,

that are great news, the only problem is that this version doesn't exist on the cisco ftp server:

ftp> ls /cisco/ios/12.2/12.2.13-ZD3/7200

227 Entering Passive Mode (198,133,219,27,203,126)

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list

#

226 Transfer complete.

ftp>

I also tried ZD1, ZD2 and others, no luck :)

Martin

Rick,

Sorry, I should have been more specific where I got the info from. I was using software advisor tool as well to get the info.

Martin, unfortunately CCO shows 12.2 ZD as deferred image and isn't available for download as such. That seems to be the latest image available for your hardware configuration. The next one that comes up is c7200-is-mz.12.1-26.E8 but this one doesn't support ipv6 but does support the other 3 features you need.

If you want to get a definite answer then you may have to open a TAC case.

Good luck!!

HTH

Sundar

Hi Sundar,

thank you for your help. I will keep on searching :)

Martin

Sundar

I do not have a non-VXR 7206 to check with and only report what the software advisor on CCO came up with. If there is code that is newer that will work, then Cisco should update the tool.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card