cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display caller ID in Call forward

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

Is this a problem? IPT extension user (6828 7433)forwards his incoming call to an external cell phone number 98883333. The cell phone displays the PTT's assigned/registered prime number (6828 7333) instead of the DID 6828 7433 (forwarded extension). How to find the cause and correct the problem?

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Debug isdn q931, and term mon on the router will tell you which number are you sending out. If it doesn't fall in the DID range for that circuit, telco is very right in replacing it with the main access number. Perhaps this has something to do with the DID issue you were reporting little time ago.

I turn on debug and found no number sent out to PTT. something went wrong I need your guidance to correct the problem. I attached the log and my gateway configuration.

Indeed what appears to be a DID number (68287433) is being sent out, and as the call was made for the very same circuit, it is received back, so far all is good.

Now you say that when you call a cellphone, the main number is displayed, then you should look at the debug when calling the cellphone.

If this debug looks exactly like the one you sent, ask your telco how they want "plan" and "type" IE to be set, currently you have them both as "unknown".

Or take a shortcut and assuming they have to be "ISDN/subscriber", just configure

isdn map address ........ plan isdn type subscriber (or national)

under the ISDN interface. That assumes the cellphone is 8 digits.

I tried both subscriber & national in isdn interface Serial1/0:15

no ip address

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn overlap-receiving T302 2000

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address ........ plan isdn type subscriber

isdn T310 120000

isdn send-alerting

isdn bchan-number-order ascending

isdn sending-complete

no cdp enable

!

It did not resolve the problem.

PTT indicated we can use unknown. I also find a new issue. I call from cell phone 9626 7489 to 6828 7433 (forwarded to cell phone 9298 9092, the caller id displays call from 6828 7489. I dont know why call manager tsks the last 4 digit of my 9626 7489 and make a out bound call to 9298 9092.

For the first problem, once you have a trace of a call correctly made in all the IE, you should show it to telco and ask why the calling number is not passed correctly to the cellphone.

For the second case, it is probably Call Manager misconfiguration. It should pass the number of the extension forwarding, not a mix of original calling number and local number.

I'm unable to tell you how to fix that, but if you ask again in this forum, someone should be able to tell you.

I will post the second case in the forum. tks.

Hi,

I noted that you have

translate-outgoing calling 4

port 2/0:15

And the translation rule is not defined, probably that doesn't change anything, but for the sake of clarity make sure you do no have rules configure d in the dial-peer unless there is a reason for.

Hi, It was an old configuration. I have removed translate - outgoing calling 4 in my production configuration.

dial-peer voice 1004 pots

description INCOMING CALLS FROM E1 LINE

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

!

Correct, again for the sake of exactness the translation also appeared in the outbound dial-peer 3002, placing calls to 2/0:15 in your traces.

Hi

my 3002 dial-peer

dial-peer voice 3002 pots

description OUTGOING CALLS TO E1 LINE

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

!

jgross
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I thoink this is a normal behavior.

If you want to send a number with extension, you need a service CLIP NO SCREEING.

Then you are able and responsible to the your calling number, your calling plan und the network type by qour own.

Bye

Jo

Hi jpgross,

Asa far as I know, the CLIP no screening is applicable in the US, In other countries, there is no need to request any service and the rule is simple: Only calling numbers that fall into your DID will be passed, other will be overwritten with the main number. You are never, ever allowed to originate a number that does not pertains to you.

However, for the first problem that we have been discussing here, the provider may have misconfigured something so the DID extension is not passed.

Finally, there is also a second problem where the CCM is sending out an incorrect number, but telco is not involved at all in this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: