Call Manager Express file "11T" would be OK on 12.3(16) image?

Answered Question
Feb 5th, 2007

I am trying to download and install Call Manager Express.

My router is running image c2600-j1s3-mz.123-16.bin

I see that the 'main line release' is 12.3 (16).

Then on the link for .tar files download for CME,

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-iostsp

I see the file cme-basic-123-11T.tar

CME 3.2 basic system files for IOS 12.3(11)T releases

Since my router has 64D/16F, if I understand correctly

I should stick to the CME 3.2 version because that

requires 48D.

My question is, the file cme-basic-123-11T is for a "11T".

My image is (16). I don't see any CME file related to (16).

Do you think the cme-basic-123-11T will work for my c2600-j1s3-mz.123-16 image ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Paolo Bevilacqua about 9 years 7 months ago

All the IOS images with voice support have CME, and no additional files are necessary. Just configure telephony-service, if the command is refused, then it means the IOS image does not support CME.

You don't even have to keep the phone firmware on the router, once a phone has been upgraded via a TFTP server, it will not ask the router about the image anymore.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 02/06/2007 - 03:49

Hi News,

first of all we have to define what exactly is Call Manager Express Files. In reality, it is only the GUI files (optional, and it doesn't do much), phone firmware, script files B-ACD (optional, beside already embedded in the image).

The GUI is quite tolerant and would probably work across versions. The other files you will load only as you need them, beside these can be downloaded separately.

My reccomendation would be to get memory upgrade and try run CME 4.0.x

news2010a Tue, 02/06/2007 - 07:17

I am not sure if I understand.

What is the required files to actually execute CME then?

I knew that the GUI files were optional... but then from your answer below apparently the 'phone firmware' is the only one required? Is that right?

Unfortunately my C2610 router can't take more memory.

I would appreciate if you could clarify again which CME 3.2 minimal individual files I should download to be able to make Call Manager work.

Correct Answer
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 02/06/2007 - 16:26

All the IOS images with voice support have CME, and no additional files are necessary. Just configure telephony-service, if the command is refused, then it means the IOS image does not support CME.

You don't even have to keep the phone firmware on the router, once a phone has been upgraded via a TFTP server, it will not ask the router about the image anymore.

Actions

This Discussion