Views
Helpful
Replies

Critical Help!

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

HI!

I have Users CONNECTED to Switch,VLAN 10;IP Address 10.10.10.100;i need to a script to Disable ports f0/1 -24 & renable these ports after 30Mts.

1)what is the Script configuration on Switch

2)how to configure it on the Switch

3)how to verify it is work or not?

10xs for ur Help

2)

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Why dont you do this to disable the ports-

conf t

int range fa0/1 - 24

shut

and then after the required time, do this-

conf t

int range fa0/1 -24

no shut

This should get you through.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all helpful posts!!!

Hi!

10xs for ur reply!i need to do this Thr a Script;because this Action shoud be Run at 1:00 Am.

How do I configure this to support this action Th a Script....

10xs

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Sayed,

I'm really not sure if there are such scripts on switches... anyway, you can use ciscoworks -> netconfig module to configure to enable or disable switchports, by predefining the commands on the server and scheduling it.. By doing this, the ciscoworks server can log onto "n" number of devices and automatically change the configurations.. i think this is the only/best option...

Hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

HI!

Realy Best Answer!Raj;i need to Disable PortS on the Switch from 1:00Am to 1:30Am.during this time the DataBase it is Backedup;i dont need a any new Session(from Vlan 10) to be establshied to the Sql Server during the Backup of the DataBase

any help;10xs

Yes Sayed... On the ciscoworks server, you can apply say the following commands:

interface range faste 1/0/1 - 48

shutdown

and program it for 1:00 AM to trigger it on NETCONFIG and include the switch IP addresses for which these rules will apply...

then u create another rule,

interface range faste 1/0/1 - 48

no shutdown

on the NETCONFIG and do a no shutdown..

Refer to this URL:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080357772.html

or else , get hold of some software guys, who can write shell scripts, to automatically do telnet and change the configs ;)

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card