Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing VLAN's on ACE context's

Hi,

I am quite a newbie with ACE configurations. I have a VLAN i want to share over three ACE context's. Every context needs to have its own vlan ip address. How can i manage to do this ? I can only define an ip address on the main ACE configuration.

Regards,

Sebastian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you have to change into each context.

changeto BACKEND

conf t

interface vlan 40

ip address xyz

---

But i e.g. use one context for both. One serverfarm is in context a including the "front" and the "backside" and another serverfarm is in context b.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

You are probably talking about the transfer-network or client-side VLAN.

If you have already assigned the vlan to the module from the cat6k just create the three contexts and assigned those vlans to each context. That is how i do it. Serve three different context's with three different server networks with one client-side or transfer-network.

just make sure you use different ip's for the ip,peer ip and alias for each context if you use FT or 2 modules. With this setup i always need 4 IP's including the VIP per context on the client side.

Then you can configure the shared vlan in each context separate.

context A

allocate-interface vlan 10

allocate-interface vlan 20

context B

allocate-interface vlan 30

context C

allocate-interface vlan 40

Hi,

I have this configured already :

context BACKEND

context FRONTEND

But how can i define 1 ip for vlan 40 on context BACKEND and 1 ip for vlan 40 on context FRONTEND ?

you have to change into each context.

changeto BACKEND

conf t

interface vlan 40

ip address xyz

---

But i e.g. use one context for both. One serverfarm is in context a including the "front" and the "backside" and another serverfarm is in context b.

Great, that was what i needed !

alsjeblieft

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: