QOS for VoIP traffic

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2007

Hello,

I have never configured QOS for voice traffic. We have 2 PBX connected through ip connection, and we are using analog phones.I have discovered some latency in phone calls. There is no QOS configuration done for Voice on edge switches.

Can somebody provide me with configuration examples how to get Voice traffic prioritized over other data traffic?

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mheusinger Tue, 02/06/2007 - 06:04

Hi,

have a look at the "Enterprise QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide Version 3.3"

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns432/c649/ccmigration_09186a008049b062.pdf

It contains a section for each Catalyst switch type and how to configure it for VoIP and data QoS. Other than that you could also read through the QoS section of your Catalyst and IOS specific configuration guide.

If you have problems finding it let me know your Switches and IOS versions and I will point out the relevant link.

As you are only talking about VoIP: "auto qos voip" might be the right command on most switch ports. Details and additional options are again described in detail in the above mentioned document.

If you do have further questions, do not hesitate to aks.

Hope this helps! Please use the rating system.

Regards, Martin

Actions

This Discussion