SQL job error

Answered Question

Hello!

After upgrading to 4.1(3)SR4d from 4.1(3)SR2 2 SQL jobs drops error:

- Monitor Disk Space on the publisher at TruncateCCMLog Step. The truncateCDRLog step is OK.

- Expired Subscription Clean up.

The error messages:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT

Event Category: Job Engine

Event ID: 208

Date: 2/6/2007

Time: 10:00:03 AM

User: N/A

Computer: HS001CCM1

Description:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Monitor Disk Space' (0xFF7F864070DD154988F7BB7DD41D48FE) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2007-02-06 10:00:02 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 38 (Schedule 1). The last step to run was step 2 (TruncateCCMLog).

and: Got no error message, I have just set the job to send messages to the event viewer.

Do anybody knows what to do?

Thanks,

Bela

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jbarcena about 9 years 7 months ago

-Doing the restore with a backup containing a CCM database name of CCM0301 or higher (The database name starts at CCM0300 and increments for major CCM upgrades).

Workaround:

-Open SQL Enterprise Manager

-Expand Microsoft SQL Server -> SQL Server Group -> local -> Management -> SQL Server Agent -> Jobs

-Right click the "Monitor Disk Space" job on the right, and select Properties.

-Click the Steps tab

-Click Step 2 (TruncateCCMLog)

-Click Edit

-Copy the contents of the Command window into Notepad

-Do a search/replace, replacing all instances of CCM0300 with current CCM database (for example, CCM0302)

-Copy all the corrected text to the clipboard, then paste it back into the Command window, overwriting the old, incorrect text.

Further Problem Description:

The issue occurs because the Monitor Disk Space SQL job isn't updated to reflect the correct, current CCM database name after a BARS restore is done. Therefore, if the restored CCM database name is anything other than CCM0300 (already listed in the job from the clean CCM install), it will continuously fail.

********************************************************************************************

If you have the correct DB then check the owner of the CCM030X database: go to SQL Enterprise manager, right click on the

CCM030X database and then properties; check whether owner is

\Administrator.

If the Owner is empty, then you need to run the following SQL statement to reset the owner

of the CCM030X database. So go to the SQL Query Analyzer, from the database drop down list select database CCM030X and then run the following query. The should be

machine's hostname:

sp_changedbowner '\administrator'

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
jbarcena Tue, 02/06/2007 - 06:58

-Doing the restore with a backup containing a CCM database name of CCM0301 or higher (The database name starts at CCM0300 and increments for major CCM upgrades).

Workaround:

-Open SQL Enterprise Manager

-Expand Microsoft SQL Server -> SQL Server Group -> local -> Management -> SQL Server Agent -> Jobs

-Right click the "Monitor Disk Space" job on the right, and select Properties.

-Click the Steps tab

-Click Step 2 (TruncateCCMLog)

-Click Edit

-Copy the contents of the Command window into Notepad

-Do a search/replace, replacing all instances of CCM0300 with current CCM database (for example, CCM0302)

-Copy all the corrected text to the clipboard, then paste it back into the Command window, overwriting the old, incorrect text.

Further Problem Description:

The issue occurs because the Monitor Disk Space SQL job isn't updated to reflect the correct, current CCM database name after a BARS restore is done. Therefore, if the restored CCM database name is anything other than CCM0300 (already listed in the job from the clean CCM install), it will continuously fail.

********************************************************************************************

If you have the correct DB then check the owner of the CCM030X database: go to SQL Enterprise manager, right click on the

CCM030X database and then properties; check whether owner is

\Administrator.

If the Owner is empty, then you need to run the following SQL statement to reset the owner

of the CCM030X database. So go to the SQL Query Analyzer, from the database drop down list select database CCM030X and then run the following query. The should be

machine's hostname:

sp_changedbowner '\administrator'

balukr Wed, 02/07/2007 - 10:32

Did you ever got this issue fixed because I have the same problem .I didn't do anything at all it just stopped please let me know if you have fixed this issue.

Thanks

Bala

balukr Wed, 02/07/2007 - 14:38

Well our server is not hitting that bug because it was not a restore it just stopped couple of weeks back.I still checked the database name and it is the current database name and number.

For us it was working fine and it just stopped CM ver is 4.1.3 sr3a.

What was your fix?Is that the same bug or is it different?

Let me know and thanks for quick response.

Bala

Actions

This Discussion