cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.0 - Remote Database - Best Practices

joseph.hamilton
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, we've got CSA 5.0.0.187 running with a remote SQL DB, size 4GB, with about 30 agents.

We're about to do our first big deploy to 400-800 agents, with our eventual total being about 3000-4000 agents. Our event and configuration data size, with auto-pruning at 30 days, is 1258 MB with 30 hosts.

I'm a bit concerned that when we up the agent count 10 fold, our 1501 MB of remaining space is going out the window. We're considering reducing our auto-pruning to 7 days and looking at getting a bigger DB, but then I read in the Cisco Systems manual that 2GB should be sufficient for less than 500 agents.

To that end, 4 GB should be sufficient up to 1,000 agents, but I don't see that happening under our current usage. Does anyone have any best practices for remote database maintenance? I don't know if I have too many rules logging or if I just need to be content with auto-pruning after 3 days or what.

2 Replies 2

astroman
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have Application Investigation turned on with Verbose Logging??

That DB size is huge for 30 agents.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: