Remote site transfer and DID problem

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2007

I have just discovered that none of my remote sites can dial a few specific numbers at my HQ site. I have a hunch that it is because those specific numbers in question are CTI Route points rather than DIDs. Basically when someone at a remote site dials 5750 (a cti route point that goes to our IPCC) they get a busy signal. When the same person dials 6457 ( a regular DID on the system) it rings and the call proceeds as normal. At first I checked the obvious; partitions and calling search spaces but that is all correct. Finally, the thing that really stumps me is why can I, from HQ, dial 5750 and get through?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Tue, 02/06/2007 - 13:47

Hi Evan,

Just a guess here, not knowing your exact setup. Have you checked the Route Patterns at the remote sites? Chances are that there are entries for your DID number range (6457) but not the Non-DID Numbers (5750).

In the HQ you can dial 5750 because you are part of the same cluster etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

evanrichards Tue, 02/06/2007 - 14:11

Good idea, no luck though. I was just on a call with a TAC engineer and he is forwarding it to the IPCC team. We turned on tracing and there is a CTI Route Point rejection code when I try the call that fails. Still a mystery at this point.

c.registration Fri, 02/09/2007 - 12:22

By chance are you using G729 across the wan and are you using G711 for IPCC? Do you have transcoders set up at the remote sites to process the G729 to G711 transcode?

Actions

This Discussion